To our wonderful Majengo family,
Schools reopened at Majengo on June 29th, and things have been busy and challenging since that date. Thanks to your support, we were able to lend a hand to the broader Majengo community and provide soap and handwashing kits to many schools and children.
Over the last week the team at MCH has worked with 13 schools in the surrounding area to distribute:
– 7,428 soap kits
– 120 handwashing stations
– 360 information packs
– 12 training sessions
When the program has been completely implemented, it will help support more than 14,000 children.
We could not have dreamed of doing this without your help!
– Equip the staff at Majengo with the knowledge of how to deal with a sick child
– Implement best practices to ensure any infection is contained and quarantined at Majengo
– Ensure all of the staff at Majengo has access to all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
– Ensure PPE is used effectively and safely to prevent spread
– Ensure Majengo has enough trained staff to care for multiple sick children at once.
To meet these objectives, a training program is being put on at Majengo, hosted by FAME hospital to ensure we are prepared to care for children at Majengo. We have also hired an additional nurse to step in as required.
Any donation made to Majengo at this time will help us continue our COVID-19 Programming in the Majengo area, and ensure our programs at the centre continue to run safely with no reduction in the quality of care.
A donation of $55 USD can pay for a full set of personal protective equipment for our nurse, including an N95 mask. You can donate online at www.majengo.org.
We are so thankful for your help.