We would never have grown as much as we did without your support. Thank you for helping us make our lockdown year as fruitful as possible.
Here are 12 things (in honour of our 12th year) the Majengo kids learned this year both while they were in and out of school.
2. We learned the importance of handwashing.
3. We learned how to sew our own masks.
4. We learned how to get along even when we were locked down for several months.
5. We learned a lot of new skills while we were out of school, like cooking loshoro, a Masai dish made of maize and sour milk.
6. We learned how to take care of fruit trees in our garden.
7. We learned how much we can do on our own because of the wonderful caregivers we have and all the books we have access to.
8. We learned how to keep up with school work through televised lessons from the government. (We also learned how lucky we are to have a television.)
9. We learned how to wash our own forks, spoons, and cups – and that sometimes we shouldn’t share things.
10. We learned how to cough safely around our friends.
12. We learned just how many people all over the world love us and how many people it takes to manage a pandemic at a home with 105 children. (It’s a lot!)
For those of you who have supported us already in 2020 – know what an incredible difference you have made for the Majengo children and the surrounding community.
If you have not had a chance to make a donation yet, it’s not too late! There is still time to support Majengo and its children before the end of the tax year.